Schlumberger New Energy Executive Vice President Ashok Belani discusses our role in new energy sectors.
What is Schlumberger's role in the emerging new energy markets?
Schlumberger naturally is a global technology development and deployment company. And we will be in the world of new energy as well. On top of that, we have learned in the recent past how to form really interesting partnerships with industries that are far away from the world of fossil fuel. And these partnerships are being leveraged in practically all the ventures that we are engaged in today.
I think, in the end, it's all about innovation and business, and there is a lot of that going on in Schlumberger New Energy.
To summarize the ventures that we have and in the context of the energy transition that I've spoken about:
- In the world of energy carriers, we created Genvia in hydrogen.
- We created NeoLith Energy in lithium.
- Then, in the world of CCS, we have many partnerships in different industries where the right kind of partners come together in a new business model to capture carbon from the associated industry and sequester it in the subsurface. There are many companies that will spawn, in the world locale, carbon capture and sequestration.
- In the world of geothermal, we created GeoFrame Energy, which is an innovative partnership to develop geothermal projects in the world in a pretty well-known domain like geothermal power.
- And then, last but not least, the innovative energy in the company created this very cool idea called Celsius Energy in the world of building heating and cooling, which is an important sector for carbon management.
That today summarizes the portfolio of Schlumberger New Energy, and there is a lot more to come.